Sunday, August 11, 2013

How the isotopes really got their name

This is an interview I did in Albuquerque a few weeks ago with Josh Suchon, the "voice of the Topes" and my former partner on Dodger Talk. I talk about how David Isaacs and I came up with the name Isotopes, which eventually became the actual team name for Albuquerque's Triple-A team. I think this interview played on the Diamondvision Board during batting practice. Thanks again to Josh and everyone with the Topes for a great weekend.

8 comments :

VP81955 said...

Since New Mexico played a role in the development of atomic energy, "Isotopes" has some genuine relevancy for the team name. And it's alliterative!

Iconoclast Jones said...

I'm not 100% sure you know what alliterative means.

Breadbaker said...

I loved the perspective of wanting to write for Homer during the era of Bart Mania.

And is there anyone who doesn't have one degree of separation from Sam Simon?

Paul Duca said...

MiLB--Mothers I'd Like to...?

Roger Owen Green said...

Duca - get ya mind outta the gutta.

Charles H. Bryan said...

...Boff. ("Bang" seemed too obvious to me, and "Boff" sounds nicer. Jolly, even. I like to show SOME sensitivity when talking about someone's mother that I'd like to have screw.)

Charles H. Bryan said...

"like to have screw". Wow. Is there any way to get an "edit" feature on the comments? That sounded like some immigrant character on 2 BROKE GIRLS. "Hello, ladies. Would you like to have screw with me, Ivan?"

Patrick said...

Boink?