Sunday, May 13, 2012

Live from the train

This is a first -- a live blog post. I'm on the Mariners train from New York to Boston. The team won today so I get to ride inside and not on the cow catcher.

At the moment we're stopped somewhere near New Haven to let another train pass. I'll be pissed if it's the Yankees.

As for the scenery -- picture the French countryside with landfills.

But there's something romantic about a baseball team traveling by train. Oh for the days of club cars and Babe Ruth vomiting into spittoons!

Going to sign off now. The train has started up again. And I've got a movie to watch. I hope Unstoppable is good.

7 comments :

Chris said...

Friday question: is it easier to fail with a single camera comedy, if you don't have the audience to tell you which jokes don't work?

Hal Tepfer said...

Ken, I've taken that train many times. Best spots for looking in windows are just outside of Providence (look for the flash of a butcher knife) and in the Boston suburbs (you should be able to watch "Mad Men" through the train/home windows.

R's Woman said...

Funny post Ken, in all it's brevity. Pretty cool that a baseball team is traveling by train and not private jet. I trust Denzel provided a good distraction. Happy travels.

Lucky Punk said...

Sounds kind of romantic, one of those once-in-a-lifetime, tell your grandkids about it experiences.
Happy Sunday.

Johnny Walker said...

Haha. Great post. I travelled from Wisconsin to Seattle, and then on to LA on the AmTrak when I travelled the US. It was an awesome way to see the country.

D. McEwan said...

I've taken the train from NYC to Boston myself. Lovely trip. (And despite SMASH showing that train departing from Grand Central Station, I'm sure you noticed you were actually boarding it at Penn Station.)

cremation nevada said...

How tough it can be, you are living life to the fullest.