Friday, May 18, 2007

20 questions

Some time ago FISHBOWL LA asked me these 20 questions. Thought I'd share them here today since my wife and I are off to Hawaii for a week and I didn't have time to write something new. Posts will continue while I'm in Hawaii but I'll probably be sloshed.

1. What newspapers do you read?

The LA TIMES, NY TIMES (on Sunday), CHICAGO TRIBUNE TV section, LA WEEKLY when I need a massage.

2. Which ones do you move your lips to while reading? NY POST

3. Which Web sites are on your favorites bookmark? Los Angeles Radio People, Defamer, Hoffmania, Richbroradio, Dirtywatah.

4. Where do you get your car washed?
Who actually knows the name of their car wash? It's on Sepulveda somewhere. They do an okay job and I can buy Steve Hall inspirational piano CD's and pine tree air fresheners in their gift shop.

5. Do you know your dentist's first name? No because he doesn't say his name in the credit dentist ad.

6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when?
No. I believe their online offshoots will take on a greater importance but people want to hold a newspaper or line their bird cages.

7. What was the last book you read? Absurdistan by Gary Shteyngart.

8. What's the last book you say you read?
Helen Reddy's autobiography. I want to impress people with how hip I am.

9. If you got a unicorn what would you name it? Hat rack. That question was even dumber than the car wash one.

10. What does your TiVo think about you? It's time to get over Natalie Wood already. (She's pictured above. Sigh.)

11. character of fiction you most resemble? Ignatius J. Reilly or Jack Ryan

12. Who plays you in your bio-pic? Sean Connery and then Daniel Craig in the remake.

13. Do you floss? Yes. Wouldn't you love to hear that question asked at a senate subcommittee hearing?

14. Did you ever believe your toys come alive when you leave the room? No. And I almost got a hernia blowing them up. Do you still? I hold out hope for Fifi.

15. How many old cell phones do you own? One. I'm still expecting a callback from my agent.

16. Best show legendary biz/movie star encounter. Natalie Wood

17. Do you get satellite radio? Yes. XM.

18. And as a follow do you "get" satellite radio?
No commercials, 170 music channels, major league baseball--what's not to get?

19. Do you read the Enquirer/InTouch/US/people? Only in supermarket lines.

20. Do you lie about it? Yes. I really don't read them but tell people I do.

5 comments :

Julie Goes to Hollywood said...

You do mean you met Natalie Wood when she was still alive? I only ask this in light of your blow-up toy confession.

Anonymous said...

Poor pretty Natalie. She was not a flotation device.

Anonymous said...

Ken, this tops your A to Z question response...and that was when we found out you were on THE DATING GAME.


And do you have any pointers on just HOW we can tell you're posting while sloshed?

VP81955 said...

This doesn't really fit into this thread, but it probably works here better than any other one of recent vintage.

This week, when ABC announced its fall schedule, one of the surprise cuts was "Football Wives," a drama in the "Desperate Housewives" mold dealing with the wives of pro football players, and adapted from a hit U.K. show about soccer wives. It had received some buzz, which made ABC's non-pickup all the more surprising.

Many are now suggesting that the NFL, whose games are broadcast on ESPN, an ABC sibling under the Disney umbrella, exerted pressure on the network not to air the show. (It's happened before -- remember ESPN's planned series, "Playmakers"?)

It's unfortunate, because one of the series stars would have been Lucy Lawless, who deserves to be known for much more than "Xena" (as wonderful a series as it was). I think she's a splendid actress whose comic abilities have been overlooked (anyone who watched the occasional "Xena" comedic episodes can vouch for that), and I wish you'd get in touch with her and create some sort of sitcom vehicle for her. If the genre is going to come back, who better to lead it than someone named Lucy?

Unknown said...

Three of the smartest, nicest people I know think that they resemble Ignatius J Reilly, so you are in good company.