Thursday, May 11, 2006

Barcelona is all shook up

All of Barcelona is in SHOCK. People are walking around like zombies, just saying "why? why? WHY?" (They're saying it in Spanish but still). Street performers are finding it hard to swallow balloons or moon walk.

Chris got voted off last night???? CHRIS?????

I leave the fucking country for five days and this is what you people do? The only possible explanation I can think of is that too many people saw that wretched movie where Vin Diesal played a nanny and confused him with Chris.

I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. I mean, America elected Bush...twice. (Three times counting the wooden Indian old man). But the people in Barcelona, what do I tell them? What does anybody tell them?

When Taylor Hicks is announced as the new AMERICAN IDOL and dances like someone has a noose around his neck and is pulling it, Spain will probably break off diplomatic relations with the United States. Italy will soon follow.

3 comments :

Whaledawg said...

The most talented guy never wins, it's always been like that.

Where are you now, Justin Guarini?

Dave said...

I heard that Chris got an offer to be the frontman for Filter.

I can't help but wonder - that guy's talent/presense combined just seemed to be head and shoulders above everybody else - if the show runners couldn't see a problem with him winning.

I'm sure it's not all "ok, you win, go have a great life." There has to be some hooks in there somewhere, and I can't imagine Chris not making it with or without winning now. He's gotten so much exposure.

Anyway, if he doesn't want to accept some rider that's in the contract, maybe he wants out because he's getting better offers from outside the show.

I had Taylor pegged to be out about 12 rounds ago. I only see the show when I walk through the room when my wife is watching it, but I've seen enough to wonder WTF Taylor is still doing on the show. Exactly who is he appealing to after the show? WTF is he singing to bring in a crowd or sell cds?

Bah! I'm with you on this one Ken.

Unknown said...

Very interesting article. I had visited Barcelona in 1998 so it was time visit it again one more time. This year I toke a week for holidays and we went to Barcelona to visit a friend there. The experience was amazing and I found the city more fascinating than I remembered it. Finding a nice centrally located accommodation in hotels in Barcelona is no easier than any other great city, and so I am very fortunate that my wife's cousin Luisa has one with a view to Sagrada Familia. It's a cosmopilitan city with a lot of wonderful places to visit and enjoy. Its inhabitants are very friendly and helpful and they're very pleased to help you giving some information.
I really like this fascinating city.